Sunday, June 7, 2009

When in Rome, go south!

Una and I are back from a weekend in Sorrento. We couldn't quite escape the scooter noise from Rome (our hotel room faced a busy street), but at least we were rid of the barking dog and cawing gulls for a couple of nights.

We took a ferry to Positano on Saturday, and I somehow managed to capture a pretty darn good photo of the Amalfi Coast's famed bouganvillea and picturesque buildings stuck right into the hillside (if I do say so myself). See . . .

It was weird to feel like I was actually on vacation this weekend, but I definitely enjoyed our downtime - especially the strolls through Sorrento's and Positano's narrow streets lined with shops. Eat, shop, enjoy the views - that's about it around these parts, and I was happy to indulge for just about 48 hours. All things are fabulous in and around Amalfi, as emphasized by this guy who apparently just hangs out in front of Missoni in Positano all day.

No comments: