Monday, May 11, 2009

One more time . . .

I'm getting the ol' blog up and running again! I arrived in Rome this morning for another round as a teaching assistant in the Penn State CAS in Rome education abroad summer program. Being in the Eternal City feels excitingly familiar, but the shape of the program is a bit different this time. Perhaps most notably, we are small in numbers this year - the CAS program is composed of six undergraduates, two graduate teaching assistants, and one faculty member. We're living in an entirely different section of the city (closer to the bustling city center, only a few blocks from the Colosseum), and it's already quite hot for this early in May. Change is good, though, no? I'm looking forward to what's to come in the next seven weeks here in Rome and possibly on a few side trips in Italy. At the moment, I'm especially looking forward to starting my day with a delicious cappuccino tomorrow morning (arrived too late for one today!) and meeting together as a group for orientation at the Sede di Roma. I hope you'll stick around to see how things shape up this year. Ciao.

No comments: