Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jenny in the Big City

Last week, my friend Jenny sent me an e-mail that I was sure I was misreading. In the message, she said her employer would be sending her to Rome at the last minute for a conference. I wondered how this trip would come to fruition since she did not have a passport. Well, Jenny took care of all the necessary document business and landed in Rome last Thursday. After her long days working at the conference, I ran her ragged all over the city, trying to fit in as much as possible in the four-day span she was afforded in the Eternal City. It was an almost unreal experience to be the Roman tour guide for my close friend, especially since I have spent all of my time here with PSU folks until Jenny arrived (and they with me, of course--that can't be too much of a picnic). To get outside of the education abroad bubble was valuable, and in some ways, it refreshed my eagerness to experience Rome and in different ways (and to re-experience some of the sites I had visited previously). Evidence of our (mis)adventures can be found below.


No comments: